Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 9

For this weeks assignment I read some of Moebius's "Blueberry" comics. I found it interesting to see someone who is not an American write and produce classical American Western comics. But I think that the most stunning thing for me about this work was how the artwork was created. The vast whiteness of the background gave special emphasis to the characters that is normally not seen in a vast majority of comics.

I also glanced at some of the other comics that had been posted on the course resources page. While looking through some of these comics I noticed that some of these stories seemed to take a more serious look at issues within society than a majority of other comics. I think that because of this these other comics that aren't particularly from America were taken more seriously as a media outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment