Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 13

1.     From what I had read in the “Killing Joke” I could see a reimagining of one of comics most famous figures into how we now see the Joker as we do in todays media. From experiencing any type of media that is about the Batman we can see how events in this comic the author takes a pivotal villain and make him that much more dangerous, and gives us a sense who this villain is that is and we see this version of this character almost every time he is portrayed in modern media. While I thought that the story was fairly interesting I was very distracted by some of the drawn elements throughout the entire circus seen towards the middle end, as much of it was nonsensical and not really important to the overall plot.
2.     I felt that this story’s most powerful elements were the psychological pieces that played into the character development. What was interesting about this was that most of the character development was mostly spent of the villain instead of the hero as with most normal stories, but it did come back to development for the hero as well as Batman had to come to terms with how he would need to handle his nemesis in the aftermath of this story.

3.     If I were to adapt this story into another medium I would probably try to adapt it to a more word based novel form. By doing this I could remove most of the elements that were very nonsensical and overall not important to the story such as some of the random Joker henchman or what ever they were. I could also spend more time delving into the psychological aspects of the character development for all of the characters instead of just the villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment